This quinoa salad is easy to put together and is so hearty in nutrients that it makes a great filling meal. This quinoa salad is a great side or main dish salad. It is served cold.
Not sure if you’re ready to try quinoa as an ingredient? Check out these nutritional facts. They will likely persuade you to give this nutritional power food a chance!
Quinoa Nutritional Facts
- Quinoa has 2xs the amount of dietary fiber as white rice.
- Quinoa has all 9 essential amino acids.
- Quinoa has 4xs the amount of iron preserving than brown rice.
- Quinoa has 8 grams of protein.
Red Quinoa Salad with Black Beans, Corn & Avocado
- 1 cup of cooked red quinoa (cooked in chicken broth for added flavor)
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 15 oz can of black beans, drained
- 2 cups of corn1 avocado chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Sea salt & pepper
- Cook the quinoa with broth according to directions on the package and allow to fully cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the beans, corn, tomatoes and onion.
- Add oil & vinegar. Gently mix.
- Add cooled quinoa.
- Carefully toss in the avocado and cilantro.
- Season as need with salt, pepper and lime.
A quinoa salad is a power food dish. It’s filled with nutrients that are filling and healthy for you system. Traditional quinoa can be used in lieu of the red if needed. Regardless, this quinoa salad is delicious!