Red Quinoa Salad with Black Beans, Corn & Avocado
- 1 cup of cooked red quinoa (cooked in chicken broth for added flavor)
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 15 oz can of black beans, drained
- 2 cups of corn1 avocado chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Sea salt & pepper
- Cook the quinoa with broth according to directions on the package and allow to fully cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the beans, corn, tomatoes and onion.
- Add oil & vinegar. Gently mix.
- Add cooled quinoa.
- Carefully toss in the avocado and cilantro.
- Season as need with salt, pepper and lime.
Recipe by Smarty Pants Mama at http://smartypantsmama.com/red-quinoa-salad/