Mummy Hot Dogs for Halloween
Make Mummy Hot Dogs for Halloween for a spooky meal! It’s a fun cooking with kids activity that will produce a tasty treat at the end!
I had so much fun with my girls making those Mummy Hot Dogs! They are great activity for the kids. The ingredients are simple and the flavor is perfect, especially for kids. We even make them not during Halloween and call them wrapped dogs instead! See our video of how to make these hot dog treats!
These hot dogs can be made with or without cheese.They can even be made with a pickle! Be sure to have ketchup to dip into! Maybe the ketchup could be the blood! Spooky!
- 1 can Crescent Roll Dough
- 2 American Cheese slices
- 8 Hot Dogs
- 16 Candy Eyes
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut each cheese slice into 4 strips.
- Unroll dough and separate into 4 rectangles (crimp diagonal cuts in each one together).
- Cut each rectangle lengthwise into 1/2" strips and join 2 together to form one long "bandage".
- 10 pieces, making a total of 40 pieces of dough. Slice cheese slices into quarters (1/2 slice cheese, cut in half).
- Wrap "bandage" of dough around each hot dog and 1/4 slice of cheese.
- Make sure to leave a gap for face.
- Place wrapped hot dogs (cheese side down) on non stick cookie sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Bake 15 minutes or until dough is lightly brown.
- Place a small piece of cheese where eyes go and place in oven to melt slightly.
- Place 2 eyes on each mummy.
Be sure to check out these other Halloween themed recipes that the whole family will enjoy:
Enjoy your Mummy Hot Dogs and most importantly, enjoy cooking with the kids!
Mummy Hot Dogs for Halloween
Make Mummy Hot Dogs for Halloween for a spooky meal! It’s a fun cooking with kids activity that
I’ve always wanted to make these! They’re super cute and look really easy.
Maybe this year. 😀
So cute! I just bought some crescent rolls at the store, too. Perfect! I don’t usually put cheese in mine, but it sure looks yummy. Might have to try that this time around. #typeaparent
Super fun and cute! I know these would be a great surprise for the kiddos!
Those are absolutely adorable. My boys will love them. I’m not sure I can wait for Halloween!
Oh my goodness they are so cute! Kids will go crazy for those. What a great Halloween night treat for dinner.
These are super cute. Will have to try making them for my boys this Halloween! Thanks for sharing 🙂
What a fun way to dress up hot dogs. My kids are going to love this in their lunch boxes! Those eyes are too funny. 🙂
I think these are so cute! I’ve made them with my daughter but never used the candy eyes! Love~!
[…] like Mummy Hot Dogs year-round and they know delicious when they see it! I found this recipe for Mummy Hot Dogs from Smarty Pants Mama on Pinterest last year around Halloween time. Clearly they were a hit, as I am still making them in […]