Spooky! This Eyeball Cookie Pops recipe is sure to spook the guests and satisfy the tummy! Although we’re not big into the scary component of Halloween, we do love to dress up! And I LOVE to get crafty in the kitchen! In the year’s past I have made these eyeballs, marshmallow ghost brownies, mini cheese pumpkins and spider cookies. I also have a great Halloween Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe that gets eaten up quick!
The recipe is fun to make. It’s a great recipe to get the kids and even Dad involved!
Eyeball Cookie Pops
- 1 16 ounce package OREO Cookies
- 1 8 ounce package Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1 12 ounce package White Melting Chocolate
- Red Gel Icing
- Wilton Eye Candies
- Sucker sticks
- Crush the entire package of cookies to fine crumbs in a food processor; (Cookies can also be finely crushed in a resalable plastic bag using a rolling pin.) Place in medium bowl. The finer the cookie, the smoother your truffles will be.
- Add cream cheese; mix until well blended.
- Roll cookie mixture into about 40 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until firm.
- While truffles are cooling, melt one package of melting chocolate in a double boiler. If you do not have a double boiler, fill a small sauce pot a quarter a way up with water, and place a glass bowl on top of it, ensuring that the water does not touch the glass.
- Remove Oreo truffles from freezer, dip one end of the sucker stick into melted chocolate, and then firmly place it inside the truffle about half way through. The chocolate on the stick will help it stay in place while dipping.
- Dip truffles in chocolate; and place in a piece of Styrofoam or a small box with holes punched in it. Before chocolate has cooled completely add 1 piece of the Wilton Eye Candies in the center of the pop.
- Allow chocolate to harden. Once hardened and able to handle, use your gel icing to create small veins running from the eye out.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.