The Sargento Ultimate Cheeseburger in Miami
I’m a cheese girl. I love cheese, all types of cheeses. Slap a piece of cheese on a warm hamburger and it’s perfect. Sargento, makers of the all-natural, never processed cheese is looking for the ultimate cheeseburger and they found it in Miami!
Miami’s Filling Station has the BEST Cheeseburger!
A local restaurant might just have the BEST cheeseburger! The Filling Station in Miami has put together the The Filling Station Cheeseburger, whose ingredients make my mouth water. They are in the running for Sargento’s America’s Ultimate Cheeseburger, and I think they are going to win! Have you voted for them yet?
We headed there today on a mom & daughter field trip. We were not let down – at all. The ambiance was cool. Photos of patrons enjoying their burgers adorned the wall. I ordered the Sargento contest contender and my daughter a plain burger with grilled onions – of course! My burger was honestly, and I mean honestly, the best burger I’ve ever eaten. It was tremendous is size. The flavors were incredible. I was ready to see Anthony Bourdain walk in, sit down, have a cold beer and lick his fingers after his 1st bite of the burger. Yes, that good. Burgers were served with tater tots and an assortment of delicious homemade dipping sauces.
I’ve gotten hold of the recipe, and I encourage you to make it! For those in the Miami area, you need to head downtown to try it yourself. You won’t regret it.
The Filling Station Cheeseburger
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
• 8 oz. ground chuck
• Salt & pepper to taste
• Garlic powder
• Onion powder
• 1 fresh kaiser roll
• 3 slices of peppered bacon
• 4 slices of Sargento® Natural BlendsTM Deli Style Sliced Colby-Pepper Jack Cheese
• 1 medium sized egg
Balsamic Caramelized Onions:
• 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
• 1/2 Tbsp. butter
• Pinch salt
• Pinch pepper
• 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
Garlicky Mustardy Mayonnaise:
• 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
• 1 tsp. fresh minced garlic
• 1 tsp. spicy mustard
• Shape beef into pattie.
• Prepare Balsamic Caramelized Onion. Season pattie with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
• Sauté onion in a nonstick pan with butter, salt and pepper. When the onion is cooked soft add vinegar and stir until absorbed. Remove onions to bowl and wipe pan clean.
• Place bacon on baking sheet, sprinkle lightly with cracked black pepper and bake according to package instructions. Prepare Garlicky Mustardy Mayonnaise by mixing mayonnaise with garlic and mustard.
• Place burger patties on grill and cook to desired doneness. Top with cheese and cover until cheese is fully melted. While the burger is cooking, cook the egg over easy in a skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
• Place burger with cheese on bun. Top with peppered bacon, onions and egg. Spread the Garlicky Mustardy Mayonnaise on top of the bun. Double Bacon Cheeseburger.
Told you it would make your mouth water! Hungry now? I am! Visit Facebook.com/SargentoCheese to vote for The Filling Station and submit your own backyard classic recipe!
Cheeseburgers are an American backyard barbecue classic. They are commonly made with ground beef and a slice of American cheese. We all know that a cheeseburger can so easily be kicked up a notch with a different cheese and/or other toppings, like The Filling Station has done so well. As we prepare our grills to cook up some burgers this summer, I invite you to share your favorite cheeseburger add-ons. What type of cheese do you use? What additional toppings? Sargento, makers of the all-natural, never processed cheese, wants your cheeseburger recipes! Head over to https://www.facebook.com/SargentoCheese/app_191362050992524, vote for The Filling Station and enter your cheeseburger recipe idea and upload a photo, too!
Be sure to follow Filling Station on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheFillingStationGarageBar – Tell them Smarty Pants Mama sent you!
Disclosure: I received products and compensation from Sargento Foods Inc. and The Motherhood as part of my participation in this campaign. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are my own.