Family Weekend Getaway at the Hilton Orlando
The Hilton Orlando Resort provides guests with the luxuries of a well-known hotel chain with personalized attention one sees in a smaller property. My family was provided with a two-night stay and resort credit at the Hilton Orlando, just in time to kick off their summer activity program, Orlando Splash. Our goal was to experience the property, its amenities and share back our impressions.
This article may contain affiliate links. This means that clicking on or purchasing products we recommend through a link may help us earn a small commission. Hilton Orlando – Our Family Experience
The Hilton Orlando is right off of International Drive, making it just minutes from SeaWorld and Universal – a great spot for families traveling to enjoy Central Florida theme park fun. Disney World is 15 – 20 minutes away. Not bad at all.
We were provided with a standard room with two double beds. The room was ample, clean and tastefully decorated. The bathroom had a tub, toilet and single sink. There was room to hang bathing suits and arrange our toiletries. The room was the right size for a family of 4 – children aged 6 & 11. It was well-cleaned each morning and turned down bed services were provided. My daughters were especially excited to find a piece of chocolate waiting on their pillow.
There are loads of ways to have family fun at the Hilton Orlando. Walking into the pool area on Saturday morning we were greeted with a big board of kid events. My girls were thrilled. Mind you that it was Easter weekend so the activities revolved around eggs and bunnies! They wanted to do ALL the events. We picked a few and hit some snarls because of the weather (cool and rainy.)
There are two pools at the Hilton Orlando – one large family pool with a twirly slide on one end and the other for adults. There is a lazy river that had plenty of tubes available for guests to use.
Towards the rear guests can find a large basketball court with hoops at different heights – making it ideal for the younger basketball players (my 6 year old) to shoot some hoops. Additionaly, there is a “green space” with a volleyball net, hula hoops, jenga and soccer balls. It was a great place to run around.
The weather wasn’t so great so it kept a lot of guests from the pool area. The activities were fun but were lacking “energy.” While all staff members leading the games were kind and wanting the children to have fun, some weren’t too sure what to do. I think the stinky weather played a factor.
My 6 year old spotted a hair wrap station and quickly asked/begged to have a wrap. I obliged.
The dining options were adequate but not abundant. We ate twice at The Bistro – a Hilton restaurant where we have dined before at the Hilton Bonnet Creek. It’s a casual dining spot. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the Easter brunch buffet. Neither buffet was to write home about, but was enjoyed by the family. On Saturday, we ate at Tropics, the poolside eatery. It was a perfect spot to hide from the rain and enjoy a good meal.
As HiltonHonors Gold members, we were provided with complimentary appetizers and soft drinks each evening at David’s Club – a sports bar & restaurant. On Saturday night the NCAA Final Four games were on, so we found super comfy chairs and ordered apps, sodas for the kids and discounted wine and beer for dad & me. It was perfect.
A perfect way to end our evening was at the Hilton Orlando fire pit. The girls roasted marshmallows and made s’more.
While the menu looked great and we are certainly going to put it on our list for our next visit, ynfortunately we didn’t have the time to enjoy Spencer’s, the Hilton Orlando steak house.
I opened up Yelp a few times and noticed that there were plenty of dining spots within a 3 mile distance from the resort, should you choose to venture off property.
Feel Good Moments
- Being greeted by an employee while we were coloring in the lobby. She was so kind. She offered my daughters postcards to write to their family, in addition, Hilton would then mail the postcards for them. Nana should be getting a postcard any day now!
- The coziness of David’s Club. We just loved the ambiance and comfort of this sports lounge.
- The kindness of the gentleman who patiently did a hair wrap for my daughter.
- The kindness of the wait staff at The Bistro. We had the same waitress both times. She was lovely.
- The ease of the self-parking. Often self-parking is a mile away. Not at the Hilton Orlando. Very easy to get to.
- The decor. Loved, loved, loved the gorgeous chandeliers all over the lobby.
- Remembering that we weren’t too far from Disney. Loved these sunglasses the girls spotted in the hotel shop.
Planning Your Hilton Orlando Stay
- Click HERE to join Hilton Honors if you don’t already belong! No reason to not take advantage of points and free appetizers!
- Read additional reviews of the Hilton Orlando.
- See current rates on Hilton! Get breakfast for 4 & premium Wi-Fi at over 1,800 Hilton, DoubleTree, Hampton, Hilton Garden Inn and more brands all over the Americas, Europe and Middle East Africa. Book our Family Fun Package!.
- Post a comment here with any question you have about this property. I will quickly answer and help in any way I can.