Carnival Freedom for Adventurous FUN
Yes, cruising is all about family time together.
On our most recent Carnival cruise we sailed for 8 nights on the Carnival Freedom. My girls were ecstatic. Who doesn’t want to go away for 8 days and visit the ports of Grand Turk, La Romana, Curaco and Aruba? Best off is that our entire family would have a fun-filled vacation – regardless if you were the youngest – my 3 year old, or the oldest – me 30-something.
Cruising Chronicles: The Murphy Family
I spent some time on that sailing sharing my passion for family travel, particularly aboard a cruise ship, with the film crew. Watch and see my passion for family travel on cruises.
Ok, now that you’ve seen my PASSION, here are the details on our 8-nights aboard the Carnival Freedom!
New Camp Ocean & More Kids
My girls fell in love, and I mean it, they fell in love with the fun, exciting, entertaining – shhh don’t tell them, educational activities at Camp Ocean.
We’ve been on Carnival before – this is our 3rd cruise with them. Carnival has really done a fabulous job revamping their kids program. The new Camp Ocean just debuted on Carnival Freedom at the start of the summer. My daughters would wake up each morning eager to know what the plan was for the day – most importantly what time would I be dropping them off at Camp Ocean. Yes, they wanted me to drop them off. These are girls that are usually attached to my side on family vacations. Now I’m all about doing stuff together as a family, but hey, if I can squeeze in some time to go get a hot stone massage at Spa Carnival, I will. Oh, yes I did.
Hasbro The Game Show
Just like the television show, contestants are invited to join in on the life-sized game boards of fun games like Yahtzee and Operation. We enjoyed this on the Carnival Breeze and were thrilled to see the true family fun entertainment now on the Carnival Freedom.
You’ll never guess who was a contestant? And I bet you’ll never guess who won? ME!!! My 7 year old was in total glee with Mami on the stage WINNING the Hasbro Show! It was such fun!
On most days on the 8-night voyage on the Carnival Freedom I would drop off my daughters for at least a portion of the morning, afternoon and most certainly at night.
After dinner – we would all eat together in the dining room – then they wanted to go play with their new cruise friends and I wanted to go play a little roulette at the Casino! Until 10 PM kids could have a blast at Camp Ocean with all sorts of fun games, activities, scavenger hunts, watch movies – all sorts of fun stuff that THEY want to do! While the parents do what they want to do. Camp Ocean Night Owls – extra fee – is worth it if you enjoy the more nightlife fun. Carnival ships are known for the entertainment.
On the Carnival Freedom have the Punchliner Comedy Program – which we never got to go see because every.single.time we went it was filled to capacity. It must be really good. They have awesome bars that serve delicious drinks. You MUST go to the Alchemy Bar and have an elixir of sorts. There are shows in the Victoriana Main Lounge – particularly Playhouse Productions, my favorite!. There is live music and dancing to be done at clubs like the 70s Dancing Club on Carnival Freedom.
Dr. Seuss is in the House, Or Should I Say Ship?
The brand new Dr. Seuss Bookville, adjacent to Camp Ocean, is full of bright colors, quirky design, books and games galore. It was the perfect spot to relax and enjoy a book. It even acts a bit as an indoor playground for kids as they played around with the bean bag chairs and other comfortable seating.
Dr. Seuss fun extended outside of Bookville with Seuss-a-palooza! We all gathered in the lounge and picked up larger than life props and began to chant “Dr. Seuss is on the loose!” We paraded throughout the ship and ended with a story reading of The Cat in The Hat. Guests were invited to participate and I was selected to be the mean fish. It was so much fun!
Then there’s the Green Eggs & Ham Breakfast! Every detail is considered from the decor to the actual green eggs and ham! We got to meet the characters, too!
My experience with Carnival has been nothing but outstanding. I have sailed 3 times and I have learned so much about cruising with the family. Would love to provide you any additional information you may need. Please leave me a question below with anything I might be able to answer for you as you plan your next family cruise!
Other Cruising Resources for Families
- How to Plan a Family Cruise – Is this your first family cruise? Read through my guide to plan a perfect family cruise vacation.
- Cruise Direct – The place where cruisers go to book their vacation.
- Speciality Dining Review – Learn the details about dining on cruise ships.
- How to Surprise Kids for a Cruise Vacation – We did it! We filmed the surprise, too! It’s a must see!
- Room Service on a Cruise – Not all cruises lines offer this luxury. Carnival does. See how and why parents need to use this each morning of their family cruise.
- Do This, Not That on the Carnival Vista – We sailed this ship and learned so much. Please read through our advice before you set sail.
- Carnival Vista Dining Options – This ship is full of new and traditional dining options. In this post I explain it all.
- Brewery at Sea – The Carnival Vista has a brewery at sea! We enjoyed a background tour. See the details.
- Guys Pig & Anchor BBQ – On select ships, including the Vista, this latest Guy Fieri dining spot is full of traditional BBQ fare. So goo buy long wait. Get more details.
- Cruising the Carnival Breeze – We’ve sailed this ship twice and see just might be our favorite. Find out why!
- Key West Aquarium – Wondering what to do with the kids in Key West. We loved the Key West Aquarium. See why.
- Hasbro the Game Show – We’ve enjoyed this life-sized game on several Carnival ships. You’ve got to see how fun it is!
- Warm Melting Chocolate Cake Recipe by Carnival – If you’ve ever sailed a Carnival ship, you know how deliciousness of their warm melting chocolate cake!
Please note this sailing on the Carnival Freedom was part of an invited press trip. Carnival picked up the tab and I picked up the experiences to share with you. All opinions are my very own and not influenced.