Smart Home: National Tire Week
It’s National Tire Week – bet you didn’t know that! You have 4 wheels sitting in your driveway and the most attention they ever get from you is
when you remind your husband, or even yourself, to add some air!
Summer driving season has officially arrived and while we are all concerned with safety on the road, we often forget one of the most important components: our tires. According to a study by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 660 highway fatalities are caused by underinflated tires annually. Here are some great Smart Mama tips provided by Michelin to keep us safe on the road!
- Check you tire pressure – Check your tire pressure at least once a month and before and after a long trip. Tires can lose 1-2 psi per month.
- Examine your treads – Always make sure your tires have at least 2/32” of tread depth (the penny trick). Examine the wear patterns; the wear patterns can tell you whether your tires are over or under inflated and if your alignment is off.
- Avoid hydroplaning – Simple adjustments to driving including reducing your speed and avoiding wet spots, especially standing water can reduce your risk of hydroplaning.
- Rotate – Tires should be rotated every 6,000-8,000 miles.
- Keep deepest treads in the rear – Make sure when replacing just two tires that you put the two tires with the deepest treads on the rear axle regardless, whether you have front-wheel, rear-wheel or all-wheel drive.
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /home/a45wh1dlzfqx/public_html/wp-content/themes/sophie_package/sophie/library/core.php on line 572