Winning $3000 Grant for Your Billion Dollar Idea
What’s a billion dollars? A whole lot of money! Beyond that definition, how do you get a child to understand the tremendous amount of bills involved in a billion dollars? Teachers are you sensing a math problem? I know you are! Teachers can win $3000 for sharing a clever math problem! Interested? Details below on entering the H&R Block #HowBigIsABillion Contest and a Twitter Party with $1000 work of gift cards being given away! Still interested? I bet you are! Keep reading for details below!
Thinking quickly I picture 1,000,000 Eiffel Towers (1,000 feet tall each) stacked up! That would be VERY high! A BILLION feet high!
H&R Block wants your math problem! Teachers are invited to submit real-life examples that illustrate the concept of a billion dollars. The entry provides a chance to win a $3,000 grant. Ok, it’s not a billion but it sure is a whole lot of money!
How Big is a Billion? Contest Details
- The contest runs through March 14, 2014 and to participate, teachers must submit a brief explanation and image of the creative concepts. To access the application, “like” the H&R Block Dollars & Sense Facebook page.
- Submissions should be square image, minimum size 650×650 pixels, with description of math and research utilized to create the example of the size of $1 billion.
- There are three prize categories: Elementary School, Middle School and High School and each level will be awarded a Grand Prize ($3,000 grant), 2nd place ($2,000 grant) and 3rd place ($1,000 grant).
- The first 50 entering educators will receive a $50 bank gift card!
- H&R Block has teamed up with WeAreTeachers, an online resource for lesson plans, professional development resources, grants and contests for teachers, to select the finalists and help encourage participation. H&R Block will select the grand prize winners.
- Entries will be evaluated based on accuracy and creativity.
- The contest is open to teachers and homeschool educators.
- Each participant can submit up to eight entries.
A Billion Dollar Twitter Party
and @theMotherhood, @theMotherhood25, @CooperMunroe, @EmilyMcKhann, @HRBlock
Prizes: We will randomly award five prizes throughout the party, from all eligible correct responses to trivia questions. Each consists of a $200 H&R Block gift card. (No purchase necessary. Entrants must be legal residents of the United States, 18 years of age or older.)
I am working with H&R Block on a paid basis, but opinions are my own.