[ad#Google in Content]
Here’s a recipe that’s fairly easy and healthy! I have included nutritional information below.
Chicken with Apricots ~ Serves 4
- Pecan halves, 2 oz
- 2 teaspoons of margarine
- 3 ripe apricots, quartered and pitted
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 4, 4 oz chicken breast halves
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground ginger
- 1 scallion, white & green parts, thinly sliced (separated)
- ½ teaspoon of grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon of cracked red pepper
- ½ cup of chicken broth (or dry white wine)
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350. Place the pecans in a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Let cool. Crumble the pecans with hands or masher.
- In a large skillet melt margarine on medium high heat. Add the apricot. Sauté the fruit for 5 minutes to soften and lightly brown. Stir the apricots frequently. Remove fruit from pan and set aside on plate.
- Add oil to pan. Lightly salt and pepper the chicken. Place chicken in skillet. Cook for 3 minutes on medium high heat. Flip chicken and lower heat to medium low, and cook for an additional 7 minutes, or until chicken is cooked. Remove from skillet and add to the plate of apricots.
- Add ginger, white part of scallions, lime zest and red pepper. Constantly stirring, cook for 3 minutes. Add chicken broth. Use wooden spoon to scrape brown bits off bottom of pan. Add maple syrup, chicken and apricots. Cook until warm.
- Serve chicken with sauce on top and pieces on apricot. Sprinkle green scallions and pecans.
Recipe adapted from FoodandWine.com
Nutritional Data calculated through SparkRecipes.com