Things to Do in Disney Springs during Orlando Vacation
This post about things to do in Disney Springs has been sponsored by Disney. All opinions are my own.
Things to Do in Disney Springs for Families
We have always included at least an afternoon at Downtown Disney. Now with the recent renovations, the newly renamed Disney Springs in Walt Disney World has become the ultimate spot for all things retail, dining and entertainment for families and is a must-do! We enjoy including it as part of our Orlando vacation.
We were recently invited to experience all that Disney Springs has to offer families, particularly as they got ready for back to school. Additionally, as guests of Walt Disney World we were provided with accommodations at the Disney Beach Club and Resort and tickets to Typhoon Lagoon – a Disney waterpark. This was a perfect mommy/daughter getaway filled with shopping, dining, entertainment!
Disney Springs Dining Options
Interested in breakfast, lunch or dinner at Disney Springs? Did you know that there are currently 52 different options.
We were invited to lunch at Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’! Wow! The design and home cookin’ feel you get right as you walk into this James Beard Award Winner dining spot are incredible. The menu was full of traditional Southern fare, like fried green tomatoes and collard greens. I devoured the Big Grouper Sandwich, while the girls each enjoyed a juicy burger.
Check out the full list of dining options in Disney Springs.
Disney Springs Entertainment Options
World-class entertainment is precisely what we enjoyed at Disney Springs. For over an hour the girls and I sat mesmerized at La Nouba, a Cirque du Soleil show only preformed at Disney. Full of jaw-dropping acrobats and mini comedy acts that left us all in amazement and even giggling at times. La Nouba will conclude its run in Orlando this December. We are all awaiting to learn about the next show to take the stage for guests.
After the show we headed to another favorite dining and entertainment spot in Disney Springs – Splitsville! We love this place. We are blessed to have one local so when we visit the one in Orlando we know from experience that we will have fun and enjoy great food. Have you ever heard of a bowling alley know for their sushi and shoestring fries with chive dip? Yes, a bowling alley with great food!
A few other things to do in Disney Springs for family entertainment include:
- AMC Movies: Perfect for rainy days in Disney!
- Sunshine Highline: This is the spot guests can see youth and adult dance and singing groups from across the country, as well as other entertainment.
- Marketplace Carousel: Have $3 handy for the classic ride for the kids!
- Marketplace Train: Also, $3 ride that the young ones love!
Disney Springs Shopping
Where can you find the world largest Disney Store, World of Disney? Disney Springs, of course! For over 3 hours the girls and I shopped till we dropped and then shopped some more entering just a fraction of the 109 shopping options in Disney Springs! We were impressed with the variety of stores that peaked the interest of all the ages in our little group. Our hands were tired from grasping our bags of clothing, backpack decals, and a few toys, of course!
Some of our favorite shopping spots in Disney Springs during this visit:
- Uniqlo: This Japanese clothing retailer takes a more modern twist on classic and trendy pieces.
- Zara: This Spanish clothing retailer is quite popular down here in Miami. The one is Disney Springs was ENORMOUS. We could have spent the day here as it has clothing for the girls and me!
- Under Armour: We initially went here to get something for Daddy, which we did. However, we ended up enjoying the store for us and playing the fun record breaking game on the 2nd floor.
- The Lego Store: This is a must-go spot every time we go to Disney. My oldest picked up another set for her collection.
- Kipling: Bookbags galore, here! The girls tried their best to convince me to buy them another backpack – they already had ones at home for the upcoming year. Instead they each picked stick on decals for the bags. Very cute!
- Sephora: My 10 year old going on 16 was desperate to go to Sephora. She picked out a face mask and some face cleaning cloths. With back to school it means back to soccer season. She plans to use the cloths to clean her face after practice and games.
Make time in your family Orlando vacation itinerary to visit Disney Springs. You are certain to enjoy all it has to offer for the entire family!