CVS MinuteClinic Ambassadors Take On BlogHer
At the start of of August, less than a week after closing and moving into our new home, I packed my bags and headed up to NYC. For nearly 4 long, exhausting days I bonded with many of the near 5000 men and women attending the 8th annual BlogHer Conference at the NY Hilton. You may remember that I attended in 2010 as part of the Huggies Every Little Bottom Campaign. This year I went with much thanks to my CVS MinuteClinic ambassadorship with Annie of StowedStuff.com and Charlene of CharleneChronicles.com. I get more into that later in this post.
The conference aims to connect bloggers with brands, other bloggers and provide opportunities to learn new skills and more through sessions. I got a lot out of the conference. I especially enjoyed two of the lunchtime keynote address. The first one was the infamous Martha Stewart! She spoke candidly with BlogHer Co-founder Elisa Camahort Page about the challenges of entrepreneurship, goal setting and creative thinking. It also happened to be Martha’s birthday so the audience belted out Happy Birthday Dear Martha – very much to her liking. The following day, Katie Couric took the stage. I was impressed with her very much down to Earth attitude. She genuinely seemed happy to be there with us. She even spent some time in the expo hall.
My entire trip is component of my partnership with the CVS MinuteClinic. As BlogHer sponsors they had a fantastic booth set up to introduce their services to bloggers. With clinics established in 25 states and nearly 600 locations, many bloggers were familiar with and current users of MinuteClinic. A Nurse Practitioner was on site to answer any questions bloggers might have about the extensive services available at local clinics for their families. A few facts that I find especially useful for busy moms using the MinuteClinic:
- Staffed by a nurse practitioner or physician’s assistant, so prescriptions can be written.
- Results from any labs and diagnosis can be forwarded to your primary doctor or child’s pediatrician. This keeps everyone in the loops with health concerns.
- Vaccinations! Beyond your child’s standard vaccinations, getting yourself vaccinated from the flu, pertussis, or illnesses that you might encounter traveling abroad, is easily done.
- Open 7 days a week…yes, that means they are open Sundays! Great relief for families dealing with weekend illnesses! You know it happens!
- Vacation Time! Check the location map to see if a CVS MinuteClinic is near your vacation destination. You never know who might wake up with an ear infection or pink eye on day 2 of beach week!
What useful facts do you know about the MinuteClinic? How have you used their services with your family?
I’ve returned home, unpacked my suitcase and arranged my swag. I’m still exhausted but thrilled to have had the opportunity to meet such wonderful people and learn so very much from reputable brands. I look forward to sharing more additional information I learned at the conference in future posts.
Disclosure: This post is a compensation component to a Smarty Pants Mama Media, LLC partnership with CVS MinuteClinic. Experiences and opinions are my own.