Want to be a School Volunteer this Year? 20% Increase!
Did you know that the desire to volunteer in a child’s classroom has increased by 20%? According to a groundbreaking new study titled “The Economy’s Impact on Back to School,” GreatSchools and Harris Interactive have discovered this tremendous gain in desire to volunteer. (To see report: http://www.greatschools.net/news/back-to-school-poll-results.page )
- read a book aloud to the class- once a week, month, semester…
- organize the class library
- purchase additional supplies (you would be shocked if you knew the amount of personal money that a teacher devotes to her classroom)
- put up/down a bulletin board
- make file folder games
- join the PTA/PTO
- tutor a student
- help out at recess/lunch
- share your career for Career Day
- photo copying
- organizing worksheets
The list goes on and on and on. Just ask! I’m certain your munchkin’s teacher will think of something! 🙂
Check out www.GreatSchools.net for more ideas!