The playground at Zoo Miami is ready for families! A visit to the acclaimed Zoo Miami has gotten even more exciting for the kids! This year Zoo Miami opened it’s renovated playground near the Oasis Grill and added a water play area.
Now called Playworld Playground, the two areas Jungle Journey and Ocean Voyage give kids the room to release some steam and parents a moment to sit and enjoy the kids playing. We recently visited Zoo Miami and enjoyed the animals, experienced Playworld Playground first hand for a good hour letting the kids run wild in the playground. We did not play in Ocean Voyage as it was a bit chilly for our thin skin!
Overall Impression of Playground at Zoo Miami
- Equipment in modern and safe – although much of the equipment is recommended for ages 5 -12 so you need to be on your toes with the little ones.
- It’s centrally located besides the Oasis Grill, making it a great addition to a lunchtime break.
Not Smart Mama-ish
- Not much of a zoo theme (animals) is maintained in the playground. It would have been nice to see a “giraffe” slide or an “elephant” see-saw.
- The recommended ages that I mentioned before makes playtime for the toddlers a bit of a challenge.
- Shadeless water play area! Parents might as well get their toes wet too because the limited seating around the water park is directly under the sun.
During these cooler months, a trip to Zoo Miami is great! Be sure to set aside some time for the kids to run around the playground at Zoo Miami! They’ll love it!
Zoo Miami is located at 12400 SW 152 street; Miami, FL 33177. General Zoo Admission is: $15.95 per Adult and $11.95 per Child (3-12), plus tax. Children under two, Zoo members and parking are free. Hours are 9:30 am – 5:30 pm; ticket booths close at 4 pm. For more information please visit www.zoomiami.org or call (305) 251-0400.