According to Wikipedia, the zipper storage bag was patented by Robert W. Vergobbi on May 18, 1954. I think a statue should be made of this man. He is a genius. What mom doesn’t love using zipper storage bags?
I have about a gazillion ways I use gallon size bags, but here are 5 of my favorites:
- Marinade bag! Toss the chicken, the steak, the fish, the pork, or whatever the protein with its seasonings right into a storage bag, zipper to close and place in the fridge for a few hours. When ready to cook, remove the protein, throw away the bag and cook! Note, there is NOTHING to clean up!
- Hello Organization! All of Barbies little shoes, dresses, her whole wardrobe in fact, can be stored in a storage bag and labeled.
- Game Bags! Whenever feasible I toss all the game pieces into a bag, add the instructions and cut out part of the label from the box.
- Back up Clothes! Keep a gallon sized zipper storage bag with a change of clothes in the trunk of the car for each kid. You never know when they’re going to spill a bowl of ice cream down their shirt!
- Medicine Mom on Vacation! The clear bag makes searching for the children’s allergy medicine easier when on a trip. Keep the bag always stocked, closed and ready to go.
Crowd-sourcing for gallon size bag uses!
How do YOU use zipper storage bags? Let’s add to the list! Please share your tip, and if you maintain a website/blog be sure it is included so that I link back to you on the follow up post!