5 Prime Day Hacks Everyone Needs to Know
Amazon Prime Day is a once a year event where for 36 hours Amazon Prime members receive many incredible savings. Think of it as a Black Friday, but in July and for more than a day. It has been officially announced that Prime Day 2018 will begin at 3 p.m. ET on Monday, July 16 and will run through Tuesday, July 17. Knowing your Prime Day Hacks will help you maximize your purchase and wallet!
I am thankful to the small commission I earn off purchases you make from my amazon links. Thank you for supporting my blog.
Becoming an Amazon Prime Member
First step is to become an Amazon Prime Member with a 30-day trial for $119/year. It’s the smart way to try out the great perks with membership. Some member benefits include:
- Unlimited 2-day shipping
- Amazon Video – it’s like the Netflix of Amazon. LOADS of videos to watch.
- Photo & video storage services
- Prime NOW – 2 hour delivery of many commonly purchased products. (LOVE this and use this a lot!)
- Amazon Family – subscription and discounts on diapers. (I did this with my youngest one when it was then called Amazon Mom.)
- 10% discount at Whole Foods!!! With the Whole Foods app and your Amazon login!
Click here to enroll is the Amazon Prime trial.
Prime Day Hacks
It’s important to be prepared to take advantage of this day of great savings. Get out the school supply lists, the tech-needs of the home and your personal wish list. With a little pre-planning you’ll have a very successful Prime Day 2018!
Stalk Amazon Subscriptions
We did this last year and scored Amazon Music for pennies. These deals go into effect July 2 – 17. Great Prime Day hacks to save you money for months to come!
- Prime Student – 50% OFF a 6 month trial
- Amazon Fresh – $30 off your 1st order with 30FRESH
- Prime Pantry – Receive $10 off a $40+ purchase with trial
- Kindle Unlimited – 3 Months of unlimited reading for $0.99!!!
- Amazon FreeTime Unlimited – Save 40% on a 1-year plan
- Amazon Music Unlimited – 4 months for $0.99! (We did this one last year!!)
- Audible – Save 66% on 3 months
Know the Prices
Be prepared. Know what you are looking to get and know the price you are trying to beat. On Prime Day, see how the price has dropped? Compare with competitors, like Target and Walmart. Rumor has it that those competitors are going to try to lure customers with their own deals.
I can’t imagine that you are going to spend 36 hours in front of your computer. Be sure to download the Amazon app onto your phone and follow deals while you are on the go. I’ve found the one-click shopping makes it super easy to make purchases. Thanks to Amazon Prime Day 2017 I purchased my InstantPot which I use ALL. THE. TIME! Also, thanks to Amazon Prime Day 2016 I purchased my beautiful red KitchenAid – which you saw when I shared how to make homemade mayo.
Stalk Amazon Products
Amazon is proud of its products and wants you to have them in your home. Kindle, Echo, Dot and more Amazon products will likely have great deals on Prime Day. We are Dot family – we have three in the house and I will likely pick one more up this time around. Happy that I have known about this Prime Day hack.
This is a bowser plugin that will monitor the prices of selected items. When it sees that the item has reached your price point you will get alerted. I have friends who swear by this feature. Click here for more information on Amazon Assistant.
Ok, you’re ready to take on Prime day 2018! Good luck and be sure to share your favorite deals!