Planning a vacation can be overwhelming. There is so much to do. There is so much to remember. There are so many details involved with family travel. The hotels, transportation, dining, itinerary and activities need to be planned with thought and consideration.
In partnership with One2One Network, I’m test-driving the new and swanky Office 365 Home Premium and the features it has for busy, smart moms planning family vacations. I’m impressed. I know you will be too.
We recognize Travel + Leisure for its expertise in travel. They have been there, done that in travel, across the globe. Travel + Leisure has recently released a travel planning template to use with Microsoft Office 365, specifically OneNote. This notebook/template provides the planning space a traveler needs to properly prepare their vacation. The Travel + Leisure OneNote Template is organized like a well-designed travel notebook. Categories of the different aspects of travel planning are outlined for before, during and after the trip.
Best of all, with OneNote, your travel notebook will be store in the clouds using the Microsoft SkyDrive. So if you plan your family travels for Orlando you can access all your plans no matter where you are. There’s even a mobile app, so there is no excuses on getting the confirmation number or address for dinner.
Planning a Vacation with OneNote
Loads of research must be done before your trip. Selecting the destination, hotels, activities and even created an itinerary. The OneNote Travel Notebook by Travel + Leisure is loaded with tips and links to helpful travel planning. Areas to note your plans and comparison of hotels, activities and more are included. You can Send to OneNote webpages you encounter, photos that pertain to the trip or any other useful information.
Enjoying a Vacation with OneNote
Vacation planning doesn’t stop when you leave your house. With this template you can continuously update your plans on the go. Keeping your itinerary fresh and ready to share with other vacationers or those keeps tabs from home. Thanks to the cloud technology of OneNote you travel planning is mobile, just like you.
The journal tab of the template provides a space to record the daily memories of the trip, including tips you will want to share with future travelers. You can even record audio notes of your trip. It’s a great way to get the kids involved!
Office 365 Templates
The Travel + Leisure Travel Template is one of hundred of professionally created templates for Office 365 users. Think weddings, parties, home improvement and more…templates designed for you!
Office 365 Home Premium
- The latest and most complete set of Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher and Access1
- One license for the entire household to use Office on up to five devices, including Windows tablets, PCs or Macs, and get Office on Demand from any Internet-connected PC2
- An additional 20 GB of SkyDrive cloud storage, nearly three times the amount available with a free SkyDrive account
- 60 free Skype world calling minutes per month to call mobile phones, landlines or PCs around the world3
- Future upgrades, so you always use the latest time-saving technology
- Fast, fluid design that responds to touch and stylus as naturally as it does to keyboard and mouse
- Automatic save to SkyDrive, so your documents — and even your personal settings — are always available from virtually anywhere and on your favorite devices
Organized Travel Shopping List
- Office 365 Home Premium
- An efficient & lightweight laptop
- A great camera
- Having something paper/pencil is always a good idea. I like this vacation packing list: