Smart Product: PGA Free Lesson Month!
[ad#Google in Content]
This past weekend the three of us headed over to the renowned Biltmore Golf Course at the Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables, FL. We thoroughly enjoyed a 30-minute (10 for each) lesson by John Pallot of the John Pallot Golf Academy. These lessons normally run over $100 per hour.
John met us at the Pro Shop and invited us to follow him by golf cart to an area of the driving range. My daughter was is HEAVEN driving around in the cart.
I had the 1st lesson; I am a beginner. John patiently showed me the proper grip and explained the difference between the different irons. My swing was horrendous but by the end I was getting the hang of it. John even said I had a great, natural pivot. Whatever that means!
In the midst of my practice swings, John began with Isa. Oh, it was so adorable watching her. He wanted her to have fun and get comfortable with the club, ball and tee. She seems to inherit my swing, sorry, but she did have fun. Her interest dwindled probably 7-8 minutes into it. I wasn’t surprised. Nor was John.
My husband, who would golf every weekend if I let him, got a lot out from this experience. Firstly, he was so happy to have Isabella and I there enjoying his favorite pastime. This truly made this a family experience he’ll never forget. His lesson, obviously covering different skills than what we got, really impressed him. He learned that he had been swinging incorrectly for 20+ years. John gave him a great lesson in the proper rotation of his golf swing. Tom walked away a better golfer.
We walked away from this experience as a family who now wants to golf together. I think the PGA was hoping for this. We’ve already talked about getting me golf clubs and scheduling our next golf outing. Tom is so excited.
To date, more than one million free lessons have been given during this PGA Free Lesson Month. This is the first year they are offering the Family Lessons, rather than just the traditional solo lessons. There are just a few weeks remaining to be take advantage of this GREAT opportunity.
To do so:
- Go to PlayGolfAmerica.com.
- Click on PGA Free Lesson Month.
- Insert your zip code and a list of participating PGA/LPGA Professionals, along with Family Golf Clinics, will be listed.
- Simply contact the Pro of your choice and arrange a convenient time.
Every golfer who takes a free lesson and registers at PlayGolfAmerica.com/FLM has an opportunity to win a two-day/two-night golf getaway to The PGA Center for Golf Learning and Performance in Port St. Lucie, Fla., including hotel accommodations, round-trip, economy airfare, and a custom-fit set of golf clubs. I want to win!
Smart Tips for this Smart Family Outing
- Arrange the lessons soon before the month ends.
- Consider the time of day for the lesson. Our lesson was at the hottest part of the day. Next time I won’t do that.
- Depending on the age of your children, prep them accordingly on what they may do during the lesson. I think my daughter thought we were going to play mini-golf!
- Check with the Pro on what you need to bring. Our Pro had clubs of every size. We just brought ourselves.