- 12 White Chocolate Truffles
- 1/4 cup White Candy Melts
- 1/4 cup Red Candy Melts
- 24 Candy eyes
- 12 Red Round candy Decorations
- 12 Hershey Hugs
- 1/2 cup softened Butter
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp Milk
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and add vanilla.
- Mix in the sugar one cup at a time.
- Beat in the milk mixing until fluffy.
- Transfer icing to the corner of large size zipper bag, try to minimize trapped air and close. Clip a small piece off the corner to pipe.
- Refrigerate to firm. Heat Red Candy Chips in small bowl by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted.
- Insert a toothpick in the bottom of Hershey Hugs.
- Dip in red chocolate and rotate to cover. Allow excess to drip off.
- Stab toothpick into piece of foam or potato to allow to dry.
- Heat White Candy Chips in small bowl by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted. If Truffles are not flat on bottom, dip bottom of truffle in white chocolate and place on wax paper. Allow to set.
- Using toothpick, gather up small bit of melted white chocolate and paint on bottom of Hershey and place on top of truffle.
- Using toothpick, gather up small bit of melted white chocolate and paint on back of red "nose" and place on truffle. You may need to hold in place for a moment. Repeat this process with each eye. Allow chocolate to set.
- Pipe icing around the edge between the Hershey and the truffle.
- Pipe a ball on the on the tip of the hat.
- Pipe a beard around the face of the truffle.
Recipe by Smarty Pants Mama at http://smartypantsmama.com/santa-truffles-recipe/