Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
Yield 24 cupcakes
Pumpkin Spice is all the rage. Add this cupcake recipe to your collection for an easy to make dessert.
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground all spice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 salt
- 2 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 15-ounce can of pumpkin puree - not pie filling
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese store bought or homemade
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Line 24 muffin tin wells with paper liners. If you only have 1 12-cup muffin tin, you can bake in two sets.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, baking soda and salt. Ue a whisk to break up and mix dry ingredients.
- In a large mixer - I used my KitchenAid, add the sugar and oil. Using the paddle attachment, beat until sugar and butter are well combined at medium speed. Use a rubber spatula to scrape mixture on sides.
- One egg at a time, add each egg, providing enough time for egg to blend into mixture before adding the next.
- Add the pumpkin. Beat until combined.
- Turn mixture to low. Slowly add the flour mixture. Use spatula to careful scrape build up of flour on sides.
- Using a spoon or small measuring cup, careful fill each muffin tin 2/3 of the way to the top.
- Bake for 12 minutes, rotate tray(s) and bake for another 10.
- Remove muffin tin(s) from oven. All the cupcakes to cool atop wire rack.
- Once cooled, pipe Pumpkin Cream Cheese frosting onto each.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Recipe by Smarty Pants Mama at http://smartypantsmama.com/pumpkin-spice-cupcakes-recipe/