Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting
This frosting is a versatile topping to use on all sorts of baked goods. We've enjoyed not only on our Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes, but on toast, croissants and more! I must admit that I've seen my kids grab a spoonful and put it right in the mouth! Enjoy this recipe!
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), at room temperature
- 1/3 cup pumpkin purée (not pie filling)
- In a large bow, carefully combine the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk to combine, then set aside.
- Place the cream cheese and butter in KitchenAid bowl and beat on medium speed with the paddle attachment. Batter should be fully combined and smooth.
- Lower the speed, then begin to slowly add the powdered sugar mixture to the batter.
- Beat until fully combined and smooth.
- Stop the mixer and scrape down the paddle and sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Add the pumpkin, and mix at medium speed until fully incorporated and smooth.
Recipe by Smarty Pants Mama at http://smartypantsmama.com/pumpkin-spice-cream-cheese-frosting-recipe/