Receive the Smarty Pants Mama Newsletter for more FREE crafts, recipes, travel tips and home experiences!
A photo booth for a birthday party is always a hit, even for a Barbie party!
Using inexpensive materials you can make a photo booth for a Barbie party in relatively little time. Here’s how:
Photo Booth Materials
- pink high gloss paint
- 4 inch paint roller
- a roll of clear tape
- white foam board
- light pink foam board
- glue gun
- color printer
Making Photo Booth
- Stand up box without taping it to get a feel of the height you will need for your opening
- Lay box flat and using a straight edge and a pencil draw the area you will be cutting
- Use an exactor knife to cut out the photo booth. Try to do a curved diagonal line along top. (You will need a piece of cardboard between the layers of the box to not cut through the back).
- Print out Barbie & Mattel logos, cut and glue separately on white foam board. Cut foam board to along same pattern as logos. Logos can be downloaded or purchased on Etsy. Logos will require foam board mounting. Download Barbie Logo Download Mattel Logo
- Paint box inside and out. (Not at the same time as it will make the box to weak)
- Glue logos onto box.
- Cut light pink foam board to fit bottom of booth.
- Yell out, “LOOK WHAT I CREATED!” when done!
Bring a printer to the party and print out photos of the guests in the booth. Print out photos and mount on cardstock that thanks the guest for attending the party. Makes a great inclusion in the goodie bag!
A Barbie party is certainly pretty in pink, and the inclusion of this relatively easy to make photo booth will provide a perfect photo opp for the birthday girl and her friends!