A perfect balance and ginger and sweet, these pancakes will become a holiday time tradition.
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons molasses
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¾ cup milk
- Place a frying pan or skillet over medium heat and add a tablespoon of oil or butter to the pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, milk, molasses, and butter.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, portion out the batter into your pan - about 2-3 pancakes at a time - and flip when the tops begins to bubble and the underside has turned a caramel-brown color, about 2 minutes.
- Cook for 2 more minutes on the other side and then remove to a warm plate as you repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Serve with powdered sugar or maple syrup.
This recipe is simple enough to make with the kids. Since cooking with kids is especially fun, particularly around the holidays, be sure to add this recipe to your collection this year!
Recipe by Smarty Pants Mama at http://smartypantsmama.com/gingerbread-pancakes-recipe/