Baked Apple Chimichanga Recipe
- 4 Apples
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 8 small Tortillas
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp melted '
- Butter Core, peel and chop apples.
- Combine all filling ingredients except the apples in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cook until mixture thickens (about 3 minutes).
- Add the chopped apples, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes (until the apples are tender.)
- Allow to cool.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Grease a 9x13" pan.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Microwave the tortillas for 30 seconds to make them more pliable fo folding.
- Spoon filling across the bottom third of the tortilla.
- Fold in the sides of the tortilla before rolling the bottom of the tortilla over the filling, and then rolling on over burrito style.
- Place in prepared pan.
- Cover each enchilada with a lot of butter and then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake 20-30 minutes until tops are brown and crispy.
Recipe by Smarty Pants Mama at http://smartypantsmama.com/baked-apple-chimichanga-recipe/