As we each continue to Delve into 12 this week, attempting to consume 12 ounces of seafood, I wanted to share a favorite taco recipe. This recipe, as well as many others, are part of the awesome Delve into 12 gift basket that will offered as a giveaway next week! Be sure to share a comment to let me know that you are taking on the challenge!
Tasty Tilapia Tacos
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded
- 1/2 cup plan low fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 avocado, pit removed & sliced
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- Shredded cabbage
- Fresh lime wedges
- Combine cilantro and jalapenos in a food processor. Mix until coarsely chopped.
- Add yogurt, sour cream, avocado and lime juice. Blend until smooth. Keep this sauce refrigerated until need.
- Brush tilapia fillets with olive oil and grill over medium heat for 2-4 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Heat tortillas on grill. Spread 2 tablespoons of sauce on each warm tortilla.
- Place half of a fillet in center of each tortilla. Add shredded cabbage, fold tortilla and top with salsa. Garnish with fresh lime wedges.